Payroll Giving is a simple way for employees to help us keep families together throughout their child's medical journey. It is available to everyone who pays New Zealand income tax and is employed by a New Zealand organisation. For more information visit: www.ird.govt.nz.
You probably won't even notice the donation missing from your salary, but it will make a huge difference to our House and families, and you will also receive tax benefits: the donation is taken out of your salary before tax, this means you will receive a tax credit. If you choose to donate $18 a week, it will only cost you $12 as you get a third back. RMHA will receive $18!
Payroll Giving is a great way for your company to give back to your local community and boost the moral of your staff. Companies supporting our Payroll Giving programme also have the opportunity to further their involvement with the House.
For Ronald McDonald House Auckland
No matter how small your gift, you can be sure that you are making a difference to thousands of families who need our House each year.here are some examples of how your gifts could help:
- $10 Could help buy basic food staples like bread and milk to help make our House a home away from home for families.
- $40 could help buy art materials for two weekly art classes, where children and adults like put their worries aside for a few hours and get together for some creative fun.
- $120 could help fund a night's stay for an entire family.
Does your company already offer Payroll Giving?
1 Yes! My company already offers Payroll Giving.
- Request a Payroll Giving set up form from your Payroll manager.
- Contact us for all the information you need to set it up.
2 No. My company does not yet offer Payroll Giving.
- Why not suggest that they start one? Contact us for ideas and support on how to promote Payroll Giving to your employer.
- If your company decides they don't want to operate a Payroll Giving scheme, you can still become a Friend of RMHA by making a regular donation to Ronald McDonald House Auckland.