Children will never be bored at Ronald McDonald House Auckland
There's plenty of room to relax and revive at Ronald McDonald House Auckland
If you are coming to stay with us for the first time, here you will find everything your family needs to know about Ronald McDonald House Auckland
Please consider Ronald McDonald House Auckland your ‘home away from home’ during your stay and please treat the staff, volunteers and other families staying here as your extended family.
The House is designed to offer private space for family time, as well as communal facilities such as cooking, laundry, fitness centre and entertainment areas you can share with other family members.
Many of our guests draw strength from being around others facing similar challenges. They value being able to mix and mingle, share experiences and support each other during what can be a highly stressful time. Friendships are forged, hopeful times are had, and families with newly diagnosed children find comfort from others who are further into a similar ‘journey’.
Our Family Liaison staff is here to assist you throughout your stay. They’ll help you to find your way around, explain how the House works and put you in touch with the appropriate support networks if needed.
Key Information Before You Arrive
Below is some key information you should know before you arrive and please see our Frequently Asked Questions or browse this section of the website where you will see the House facilities and programmes on offer.
Who Can Stay
- We cannot accommodate you unless you have a referral from your Doctor or District Health Board or Social Worker
- Our rooms can accommodate a maximum of 5 people, one room per family
- You can stay with us for the entire duration that your child is in Starship Hospital.
- To ensure you're eligible for travel and accommodation financial support, you must be registered with the Ministry of Health. You need your registration number before leaving and if it hasn’t arrived before you leave home, please contact your District Health Board
- Please confirm your booking 24 hours before arriving
- Check in time is between 8.30AM – 9.00PM. We cannot accept arrivals after 9.00PM
- To check in you must go to Ronald McDonald House Auckland Domain and our family liaison staff will advise you where you will be accommodated. We now have two facilities and are unable to guarantee which facility you will be staying at, as this very much depends on our occupancy levels at the time of your arrival.
Each bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom with bath or shower, toilet and hand basin. Bed linen, bedding and towels are provided. Please let us know if your child requires a portacot.
What To Bring
- Food (breakfast cereals, bread, spreads, tea and coffee provided)
- Personal items – toiletries, books etc.
- A pushchair if required
- Medical equipment your child may need.
We have 14 bedrooms that are specifically designed for wheelchairs. If you need a room to accommodate a wheelchair, please let us know in advance so we can book one for you.
We offer car parking (one car park per family) at no cost for those staying at the House.
If you bring school age siblings with you they will be required to attend our School so please ask about registering your children at school on arrival - you can read more about the Ronald McDonald House Auckland on-site school here.